I am queer, gender variant, Latinx, Pagan and poly. I focus my practice on the needs of non-binary and other LGBTQ individuals. I am a social worker and psychotherapist and I have been providing mental health services for fourteen years. I have primarily worked with HIV+, LGBTQ people with complex medical, mental health and substance use struggles. My original clinical training was primarily evidenced based, and focused on cognitive models of therapy.
About nine years ago, I became fascinated by somatic psychotherapy. While I have often integrated mindfulness in my work, I knew there was much more in the brain-body-mind connection that can be brought into therapy. That led me to attend the 2 year comprehensive Hakomi training, an integrative somatic psychotherapy model that informs my work. I also use Brainspotting, a powerful brain-body-mind approach, to heal and expand what is possible. These experiences changed my life and my work, and I am so excited to share what I’ve learned with you.
We might be a good fit if:
- You’re looking for a therapist who knows that you’re already whole, no matter how you may feel.
- You want to be supported in staying present with your feelings.
- You want someone who is there for you, no matter how you’re showing up.
- You are curious about tapping into your body’s innate wisdom.
- You want to dive deep into understanding yourself.
- You’re looking for rich connection.
- You’re up for a little playfulness.
- You want to feel free to express aspects of yourself others may not understand, like your unique spirituality,
sexuality, gender identity, or sense of your place in this world.
- You want therapy to be an experience. Something fresh, simultaneously familiar and new.